This bag is made specially for my beloved son, Aiman (A). Can be used as tuition bag, overnight bag or messenger bag.
I used designer fabric bought from Phoebe's blog at http://macchiatohandmade.blogspot.com/ , you can find rare designs like one that I've chosen for this bag and matching pencil case.
The fabric is named Stargazers by Robert Kaufman.
Item required to complete the bag and pencil case:-
- 3/4 mtr outer (fabric of your choice)
- 3/4 mtr lining (fabric of your choice, in my case I used Japanese Plain Cotton)
- 3/4 mtr 240gm iron-on cotton batting (bought from Mimosa, http://craftybuddy.blogspot.com)
- Cotton handle (in my case, I used the existing handle from my old overnighter bag), you need at least 1 meter of cotton handle + D-Ring / Bag Hook / Tri glide (if you want it to be adjustable handle)
- Zipper (for pencil case)
- Magnetic Button (for messenger bag flap closure)
- Linen Bias Tape (bought from Mimosa, http://craftybuddy.blogspot.com)
The messenger bag measured 14" x 10" x 4", the pencil case 10" x 4.5" (it's big but he can put all his stationeries in this case).